Louisiana’s St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office says an armed robber entered a drug store Monday, demanded drugs, and was shot dead.
The Sheriff’s Office used a Facebook post to explain that deputies were called to the drug store just before six o’clock p.m. and arrived to find “that a masked man entered the store with a handgun and ordered the clerk and the pharmacist behind the counter and demanded drugs.” There was a struggle, during which the pharmacist pulled his own gun and shot the suspect, who fled the store and died a short distance away.
WDSU reports that a subsequent update from the sheriff’s office reveals that the suspect used a zip tie on the hands of the store’s clerk but “the pharmacist was able to get his gun before the suspect used a zip tie on him.”
NOLA.com identified the deceased suspect as 36-year-old Mark Fisher Jr.
St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne commented on the shooting, saying, “All indications in this investigation, including the recovered store surveillance video, shows that the pharmacist and the store clerk’s lives were in imminent danger. This incident is currently deemed a justified shooting.”
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at email@example.com. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
- Project Veritas’ Google Whistle-Blower Reveals Identity and Urges Others to Join Him: ‘Come and Tell the World’ - August 19, 2019
- Electric buses: Wales’ first to hit the roads in Newport - August 19, 2019
- Why Buying Greenland Is One of Donald Trump’s Best Ideas - August 19, 2019
- AT&T and T-Mobile fight Caller ID spoofing with number verification system - August 19, 2019
- Costly Tariff Spat Masks Deeper Trade Problems - August 19, 2019