Louisiana’s St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office says an armed robber entered a drug store Monday, demanded drugs, and was shot dead.
The Sheriff’s Office used a Facebook post to explain that deputies were called to the drug store just before six o’clock p.m. and arrived to find “that a masked man entered the store with a handgun and ordered the clerk and the pharmacist behind the counter and demanded drugs.” There was a struggle, during which the pharmacist pulled his own gun and shot the suspect, who fled the store and died a short distance away.
WDSU reports that a subsequent update from the sheriff’s office reveals that the suspect used a zip tie on the hands of the store’s clerk but “the pharmacist was able to get his gun before the suspect used a zip tie on him.”
NOLA.com identified the deceased suspect as 36-year-old Mark Fisher Jr.
St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne commented on the shooting, saying, “All indications in this investigation, including the recovered store surveillance video, shows that the pharmacist and the store clerk’s lives were in imminent danger. This incident is currently deemed a justified shooting.”
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.
- New Women’s March leadership defended ousted members - September 16, 2019
- Elon Musk says ‘pedo guy’ insult not defamation, cave diver ‘seemed like a creepy old man’ - September 16, 2019
- The Papers: Johnson 'humiliated' and Lineker 'to take pay cut' - September 16, 2019
- Cause of Death for Ric Ocasek Is Revealed, Says Report - September 16, 2019
- Frackers to Stand Pat, Reap Profits After Attacks on Saudi Oil - September 16, 2019