Former British TV presenter John Leslie has been charged with sexually assaulting a 30-year-old woman more than a decade ago.
The 54-year-old Leslie rose to prominence in the late 1980s, presenting shows such as Blue Peter, Wheel of Fortune, and This Morning. According to Scotland Yard, Leslie has been charged with one count of sexual touching of a woman in 2008 and is set to appear in Westminster Magistrates’ Court on July 25.
Leslie has denied the veracity of the woman’s claim, telling the Independent, “I am totally innocent of the historic allegation and will be contesting the trial.”
According to the charge, the TV presenter “intentionally touched a woman aged 16 or over, and the touching was sexual when she did not consent and [Leslie] did not reasonably believe she was consenting.”
Two indecent assault charges against Leslie were dropped by British prosecutors in 2003 after he was accused of attacking a woman twice in 1997. Prosecutors said at the time that they had “come into possession of further material that has led to the charges against the defendant being reviewed.”
Leslie was one of the presenters of the long-running children’s show Blue Peter in 1989, a role he held until 1994.
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich Calls President Trump ‘Cowardly’ - October 14, 2019
- DOJ IG Report to Be Released Friday October 18 and Will Cover ‘More Than Just FISA Abuse’ (VIDEO) - October 13, 2019
- Wife of US diplomat to meet parents of teenager killed in her UK road accident - October 13, 2019
- Suspect Walked 351 Miles for Sex with Deputy He Thought Was Teen Girl - October 13, 2019
- Activist Attorney for Anti-Trump CIA “Whistleblower” Is Linked to Hillary Campaign Manager John Podesta - October 13, 2019