Henry Rodgers | Capitol Hill Reporter
Senate Minority Chief Chuck Schumer mentioned Republicans must “abandon” border wall funding if they need the federal government to reopen, simply lower than 24 hours into the partial shutdown.
Schumer, who has strongly opposed funding President Donald Trump’s border wall, said this on the Senate flooring Saturday afternoon because the federal authorities is formally in a partial shutdown after Senate Republicans did not obtain sufficient votes to cross a short-term spending invoice Friday that included funding for a border wall.
— CNN Newsroom (@CNNnewsroom) December 22, 2018
The New York senator additionally mentioned Democrats are “open to discussing any proposal so long as they don’t embody something for the wall,” exhibiting Democrats are usually not prepared to compromise on border wall funding.
Earlier than the partial shutdown, Schumer mentioned there was no approach the wall was being funded on quite a few events.
“I wish to be crystal clear — there shall be no extra appropriations to pay for the border wall,” Schumer mentioned on the Senate flooring on Dec. 13. “It’s carried out.” (RELATED: Chuck Schumer Makes It ‘Crystal Clear’ He Desires No Further Funding For Border Wall)
The 2 events will now have to determine an settlement, and the senators have to be current for a vote on the Senate flooring to ship a invoice to the president to signal and finish the partial authorities shutdown.
Content material created by The Every day Caller Information Basis is offered with out cost to any eligible information writer that may present a big viewers. For licensing alternatives of our unique content material, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UK weather: Hottest late August bank holiday weekend on record - August 25, 2019
- Joe Biden Doesn’t Even Know What State He’s Campaigning In - August 25, 2019
- Latin America Hangs On to Its Economic Gloom - August 25, 2019
- NY Times Admits Editor’s Comments Were Racist, Antisemitic - August 25, 2019
- WTH? CNN Guest Claims Trump ‘May be Responsible for Many More Million Deaths’ Than Hitler, Stalin, and Mao (WATCH) - August 25, 2019