A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after three men in their 80s were found dead in two homes.
Police have confirmed they are linking the deaths of the men in Exeter.
The body of an 80-year-old man was found in Bonhay Road on Monday, and two men, both 84, were found dead in a property in Cowick Lane on Tuesday.
A 27-year-old man has been held on suspicion of murder. Supt Matt Lawler described the deaths as “an unprecedented event in our city”.
Officers were first called to Bonhay Road at 15:00 GMT on Monday, and found the body of the 80-year-old man.
At 13:00 on Tuesday, police attended the property in Cowick Lane, about 1.5 miles (2.4km) away, and discovered the bodies of the two other men.
- Latest news from Devon and Cornwall
Supt Lawler said he understood the news would “cause significant and understandable concern” and had “shocked us all”.
He added: “I know that everyone’s immediate thoughts will be with the family and friends of these gentlemen, and as you would expect, we are providing as much support as we can to them.”
Both roads will remain cordoned off for the rest of the day, the force said.
Devon and Cornwall Police has appealed for any potential witnesses from either area between 08:00 on Sunday and 13:00 on Tuesday to contact them.
The force added it was “important to avoid speculation” during the “complex case”.
- Joe Biden Doesn’t Even Know What State He’s Campaigning In - August 25, 2019
- Latin America Hangs On to Its Economic Gloom - August 25, 2019
- NY Times Admits Editor’s Comments Were Racist, Antisemitic - August 25, 2019
- WTH? CNN Guest Claims Trump ‘May be Responsible for Many More Million Deaths’ Than Hitler, Stalin, and Mao (WATCH) - August 25, 2019
- Rory McIlroy fan hit by lightning at golf event ‘bruised and shaken’ - August 25, 2019