The manager for the Florida Gun Show, George Fernandez, says “they’ve never seen such a big crowd.”
WTSP- Thousands of gun enthusiasts — more so than ever — flocked to the Florida State Fairgrounds for the Florida Gun Show event.
Organizers say they had a record number of people attend the event on Saturday, Feb. 24, almost 7,000, and expected more Sunday.
The manager for the Florida Gun Show, George Fernandez, says they’ve never seen such a big crowd.
The company canceled the show in Fort Lauderdale next month after the mayor asked them to show respect to the victims of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting earlier this month.
With the heated debate over gun control staying front and center, Fernandez expressed concerns over proposed gun laws possibly restricting gun owners.
Continue at WTSP.com
FLORIDA GUN SHOW I Organizers say they saw record numbers yesterday with close to 7k people showing up and they expect more today! They also tell me they do not support a ban on assault rifles but more laws for mental health. @10NewsWTSP pic.twitter.com/95YGMKGl3E
— Shannon Valladolid (@ShannonHCPS) February 25, 2018
- Wainfleet flooding: More evacuations of homes - June 15, 2019
- Social Media Platform VOAT Goes Offline, Top Site in ‘Drain the Swamp’ Fight - June 15, 2019
- How our desk jobs and smartphone addictions are warping our skeletons - June 15, 2019
- Celebrate Courtney Cox’s Birthday With Her Greatest Looks - June 15, 2019
- Iceland Is The “Most Peaceful” Nation In The World - June 15, 2019