Millions of EU citizens living in the UK will have to apply for “settled status” to remain in Britain after Brexit. “Settled status” gives EU citizens the same access to health care and education after Britain leaves the EU.
Until Monday’s statement by Prime Minister Theresa May, some applicants had been expected to pay a fee of £65, but this has now been scrapped.
BBC reporter Helene Daouphars (who is French) looks at how to apply.
Click here for more information on the process of applying for settled status.
- Kroger Dials Back Overhaul as Sales Sputter - November 21, 2019
- My Gay Rights Struggle Connects Me to Black Voters - November 21, 2019
- Nikki Haley lost her password, so she sent confidential info over unclassified system - November 20, 2019
- General Motors Files Racketeering Lawsuit Against Fiat Chrysler - November 20, 2019
- FACT CHECK: Did Ronald Reagan Call Nancy Pelosi ‘Extremely Evil’? - November 20, 2019