President Trump said he does not care if his attacks against prominent liberal minority congresswomen is good for him politically while speaking to reporters Friday night.
Trump was once again asked about his recent attacks directed at the freshman members of Congress that has engulfed the news cycle all week. The president began targeting them last weekend when he argued on Twitter that they should “go back” to their home countries if they are unhappy with the status of the United States.
“The political feud you’re having with Congresswoman Omar and the rest of those Democrats. It’s a good thing politically for you or do you think it’s going to turn people off?” a reporter asked.
“I don’t know if it’s good or bad politically, I don’t care. But when people are speaking so badly, when they call our country garbage. Think of that — that’s worse than deplorable. When they call our country garbage, I don’t care about politics, I don’t care if it’s good or bad about politics,” Trump answered. “Many people say it’s good. I don’t know if it’s good or bad, I can fell you this, you can’t talk that way about our country. Not when I’m the president. So, I think they’ve had said horrible things. They’re anti-Semitic, and you look at the kind of statements they’ve made about Israel, it’s a disgrace.”
Earlier on Friday, the president said Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota was “lucky to be where she is.”
- Rep. Lee Zeldin Calls for NYT’s Tom Wright-Piersanti to Be Fired - August 22, 2019
- Apple Card’s bizarre cleaning instructions mocked on Twitter - August 22, 2019
- Brexit: Backstop indispensable, Macron tells Johnson - August 22, 2019
- DWTS Host Tom Bergeron Who Slammed Sean Spicer Has History of Homophobic Tweets, Russian Conspiracies and Trump-Bashing - August 22, 2019
- REPORT: Sela Vave Moves In To Jamie Foxx’s Home Following Reports Of Split With Katie Holmes - August 22, 2019