The Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Department released photos that show one of their firefighters rescuing an American flag that was in danger of being burned since the house it was attached to was on fire.
The department was responding to a three-alarm fire when the firefighter carried it away from the flames on Thursday.
“Some people want to burn our flag, WE save it,” the department said in a Twitter post.
The most recent high-profile American flag burning took place outside the White House on Independence Day.
Three Revolutionary Communist Party supporters were detained after burning two American flags, and fighting broke out when they were confronted by a pro-American flag crowd. The second flag that was partially burned landed on a Secret Service agent while it was still ablaze. It was quickly put out by another agent with a fire extinguisher.
- Exclusive: Conservative Leaders’ Impeachment Warning: Dems Will Lose - October 13, 2019
- Loony Leftie Professor Claims SpongeBob Squarepants is a ‘Colonizer’ Who Normalizes ‘Violence’ and ‘Racism’ - October 13, 2019
- Trump says sanctions for Turkey may be coming - October 13, 2019
- Police Find Dozens of Pakistani Illegal Migrants in Van - October 13, 2019
- Buttigieg knocks O’Rourke call to tax churches - October 13, 2019