A mother has died and her baby is in a life-threatening condition in hospital after being hit by a car.
The woman was with her son, who is thought to be eight months old and was in a pram, when they were struck in Penge, south London.
The driver stopped at the scene on Croydon Road and was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
He has not been arrested and is helping police with their inquiries, the Met said.
Officers were called to the scene at 20:08 GMT on Sunday.
A spokesman said: “A car was found to have been involved in a collision with a mother and a baby in a pram.
“Despite the efforts of officers and paramedics, the mother, believed to be in her 20s, was declared dead at the scene.
“The baby has been taken to hospital. His injuries have been assessed as life-threatening.”
- Breaking! Facebook Allows Infowars Back On Livestream – Watch Now - October 18, 2019
- Facebook CEO defends refusal to take down some content - October 18, 2019
- Dallas Fed’s Kaplan Says Jury Is Out on Whether Economy Will Need More Support - October 18, 2019
- Remove Trump from Office ‘The Sooner the Better’ - October 18, 2019
- US claims cyber strike on Iran after attack on Saudi oil facility - October 18, 2019