A mother has died and her baby is in a life-threatening condition in hospital after being hit by a car.
The woman was with her son, who is thought to be eight months old and was in a pram, when they were struck in Penge, south London.
The driver stopped at the scene on Croydon Road and was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
He has not been arrested and is helping police with their inquiries, the Met said.
Officers were called to the scene at 20:08 GMT on Sunday.
A spokesman said: “A car was found to have been involved in a collision with a mother and a baby in a pram.
“Despite the efforts of officers and paramedics, the mother, believed to be in her 20s, was declared dead at the scene.
“The baby has been taken to hospital. His injuries have been assessed as life-threatening.”
- Two London teens killed within 15 minutes of each other - June 15, 2019
- Pew: Illegal Alien Population Booms in Red States Ahead of 2020 Election - June 15, 2019
- Jeremy Corbyn challenges UK government’s Iran accusations on oil tanker attacks - June 15, 2019
- US First Responders Fly Chinese Drones To Save American Lives - June 15, 2019
- FIGURES. FBI/DOJ Never Obtained the Unredacted CrowdStrike Reports on ‘Russian Hack’ of DNC Servers - June 15, 2019