A billboard supported by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals went up in Baltimore that compares President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner to a rat.
The billboard alludes to Trump’s recent comments that Baltimore is a “rat and rodent infected mess,” and features a cartoon rat grasping a piece of cheese with the caption “poor guy just trying to survive” next to a cartoon of Kushner lounging on a stack of money with the caption “rich pest.”
Kushner owns a number of apartments in the city through his real estate firm and has been criticized after reports that they were cited for more than 200 code violations in 2017.
“Smart, social, resourceful rats who are just trying to eke out an existence suffer when entitled landlords neglect humane rodent-control measures,” PETA President Ingrid Newkirk said in a statement. “PETA encourages building managers to evict unwanted tiny tenants using only effective, nonlethal methods.”
Trump stirred controversy in July and early August when he attacked Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings, 68, multiple times over Twitter and said that “no human would want to live” in his Baltimore district.
- Iowa officials claim confusion over scope led to arrest of pen-testers - September 19, 2019
- To Keep Exports Flowing, Saudi Arabia Looks to Import Oil - September 19, 2019
- U.S. building coalition after Saudi oil attack, Iran warns against war - September 19, 2019
- Tea Party Patriots Host ‘Stop Socialism, Choose Freedom’ - September 19, 2019
- Laura Loomer’s Lawsuit Forces Facebook to Admit It is a Publisher Despite Zuckerberg’s Lies to Congress (VIDEO) - September 19, 2019