Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell met with President Trump, who has criticized the central bank dozens of times this year, at the White House on Monday to discuss an economy hindered by faltering global growth prospects.
Mr. Trump has repeatedly stated a low opinion of the job Mr. Powell is doing, calling him a “terrible communicator” and an enemy of the state. The president said in a statement on Twitter that the Monday meeting was “very good and cordial.”
- Democrats Expect Wide Scale Defections on Impeachment Vote - December 12, 2019
- Facebook rejects Attorney General Barr’s plea for ‘backdoor’ access to encrypted messages - December 12, 2019
- Disney Accused of Snow Job Over ‘Frozen 2’ Tweet Apology - December 12, 2019
- Porsche’s first electric car gets interest from 30K buyers - December 12, 2019
- Inflation Isn’t Likely to Take Off Anytime Soon - December 12, 2019