While most of President Trump’s Twitter followers have been scanning his timeline expecting to find the latest information regarding the government shutdown. On Friday afternoon, the more than 57 million people who follow the president got a far more light-hearted update.
Fresh off their stunning victory over the top-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide, President Trump announced that he will host the National Champion Clemson Tigers at the White House on Monday.
I look forward to hosting, right out of the great State of South Carolina, the 2019 NCAA Football Champion Clemson Tigers at the White House on Monday, January 14th. What a game, what a coach, what a team!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2019
President Trump will honor the Tigers and pay tribute to their championship season. A season that was capped-off by a shocking 44-16 demolition of Alabama.
Clemson is no stranger to the White House, the Tigers made the trip in June of 2017 after defeating the Tide for the 2016 championship.
Follow Dylan Gwinn on Twitter @themightygwinn
- The Supreme Court Might Overturn One Of Justice Stevens’s Landmark Decisions - July 19, 2019
- In pictures: British Army horses enjoy beach summer camp - July 19, 2019
- GOP investigators seek Nellie Ohr’s research for Fusion GPS on Trump family - July 19, 2019
- Trump Says He’ll Call Sweden’s PM To “See What We Can Do” About Rapper’s Imprisonment - July 19, 2019
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar Referred to Somalia as ‘Our Nation Back Home’ in 2015 Speech - July 19, 2019