Retired Admiral William McRaven is back in the news today.
McRaven, a Hillary Clinton loyalist, called for a military coup of the president of the United States.
Shouldn’t the FBI be paying this guy a visit at his home?
McRaven is not a fan of President Trump since the president attacked him in 2017 as a Hillary Clinton fan.
Obviously, Trump was right.
Retired Admiral William McRaven has published an op-ed in Friday’s New York Times titled, “Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President,” urging that Trump be removed from office — “the sooner, the better.”
McRaven’s op-ed gives a military imprimatur to what President Donald Trump has already likened to a “coup,” as Democrats attempt to impeach him with barely a year to go before the next presidential election.
The admiral, well-respected for his role in overseeing the operation to kill Al Qaeda terrorist Osama bin Laden in 2011, argues that senior military leaders have lost confidence in the president and feel he is a threat to the nation.
“As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg,” McRaven recalled, “one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, ‘I don’t like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!’”
McRaven does not argue that President Trump has done anything wrong in particular, but that he has no respect for America’s values. These values, McRaven declares, involve a commitment to “help the weak and stand up against oppression and injustice” around the world.
McRaven got Bill Kristol’s seal of approval.
- WeWork in Talks to Hire T-Mobile CEO John Legere - November 11, 2019
- US Lawmakers Criticize ‘Out of Control’ Hong Kong Police After Shooting of Protester - November 11, 2019
- Solved: Why in-the-wild Bluekeep exploits are causing patched machines to crash - November 11, 2019
- Watch Live: Vice President Pence, Defense Secretary Esper Commemorate Veterans Day - November 11, 2019
- When and how to watch the rare event - November 11, 2019