A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a “severe” blaze broke at a mental health centre in Staffordshire.
The 43-year-old, from Tamworth, was detained over the fire in the George Bryan Centre at the Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital in the town.
There were no reports of casualties in the fire, which broke out at about 21:15 GMT on Monday.
“All occupants and staff have been evacuated from the centre,” Staffordshire Police said.
The area remains closed whilst the fire service continue to control the fire, police added.
Crews from Staffordshire, West Midlands and Warwickshire fire services were called to the scene, in Plantation Lane, Mile Oak.
A Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said there was “quite a lot of the building involved” in the blaze.
An appeal has been made for witnesses to come forward with information about the fire at the centre.
- New Airbus planes will track when you go to the bathroom - September 16, 2019
- Man Who Repeatedly Choked Woman in Hotel Ice Baths Charged With Trafficking: Police - September 16, 2019
- Oil Prices Surge After Saudi Attack, Though Ample Supply Eases Concerns - September 16, 2019
- Peter Duncan murder: Boy admits Eldon Square screwdriver killing - September 16, 2019
- No need yet to abandon German balanced budget over climate plan: finance minister - September 16, 2019