“This is the beginning of the end of the European Union”, exclaims Marine Le Pen, leader of France’s National Front, following the outcome of the Brexit referendum. The United Kingdom was the first to jump off of the sinking ship. Now, in days following, the political leadership of several countries displayed interest in leaving the crumbling EU. These countries include France, The Netherlands, and Germany, all of which are founding members of the EU. Far-right groups all over Europe are now realizing that it’s possible to leave the European super-state. Indeed, I believe it is entirely possible that a domino effect has been triggered.
A poll by the Pew Research Center finds that only 38 percent of French citizens surveyed view the European Union favorably. Another poll conducted by the University of Edinburgh reveals that 53 percent of French citizens are in favor of holding an EU membership referendum. It is clearly evident that “Frexit” is a real possibility.
In the Netherlands, a poll was released recently showing that 54 percent of Dutch citizens support the idea of a “Nexit” referendum. Dutch party leader Geert Wilders, currently leading in the polls, has promised to ensure that a referendum vote is a priority throughout the upcoming elections.
I believe that in the near future, it is likely that the European Union will no longer function as a legitimate organizing body. Cheers to the UK for knocking down the first domino.
- Breaking: DNC Decides Straight White Men Must Wear Blindfolds During Presidential Debates - May 14, 2019
- Mexican Uses Uber to Sneak Over Border - March 22, 2019
- Principal in Nebraska not a Pal of Christmas - December 7, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 65 Guest Pat Dixon - December 5, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 63 “Insane Caravan Posse” Guest Zidan - October 23, 2018