Daily Mail- President Donald Trump has accepted North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un’s dramatic offer to meet, the White House has confirmed.
The meeting was first announced by South Korea’s national security adviser Chung Eui-yong, who claimed it was due to take place by the end of May.
However, a statement from the White House did not confirm the two-month timeplan, and said the place and time of the meeting was still being worked out.
The announcement was welcomed by governments around the world, with praise from the UK, Russia and Australia.
‘President Trump greatly appreciates the nice words of the South Korean delegation and President Moon. He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined,’ White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said an hour after South Korea’s announcement.
‘We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain.’
- ‘Ratfu*ker And Spy’ Stefan Halper Sued By Cambridge Academic Smeared As Flynn’s ‘Honeypot’ - May 24, 2019
- Missouri Gov. Mike Parson Signs 8-Week Abortion Ban into Law - May 24, 2019
- Democrat Feinstein Has Private Dinner with Iranian Foreign Minister — Then Lies and Says State Dept. OKed It - May 24, 2019
- Birmingham LGBT school row: Protests ‘won’t stop lessons’ - May 24, 2019
- Google bots shut down Baltimore officials’ ransomware workaround Gmail accounts - May 24, 2019