Sweden: Violent Weekend Sees 2 Explosions and 40 Cars on Fire
Sweden experieced another violent weekend as several explosions took place and dozens of cars were set on fire.
Early on monday morning a hair salon was blown up in the city of Märsta, which caused massive material damage. Shortly before the explosion, 19 cars had been set on fire in the same city. Police say they don’t know if there is any connection between the attacks, and currently no one is arrested.
This was not the only explosion this weekend, as in the city of Malmö a device had been detonated in a inside a manhole on the street, causing the cover to blow off. Police believe a device had been thrown inside the manhole.
Elsewhere saw numerous amounts of cars being set on fire all around Sweden. In the are of Tyresö just outside Stockholm, 7-8 cars were set on fire. Pictures show the cars totally destroyed by the flames.
In the city of Södertälje 6 cars were set on fire, again photos showing the cars destroyed.
But that was not all, 5 cars were set on fire in the city of Oskarshamn, and there was also reports of cars set on fire in the city of Borås.
Between January and July this year, there has been 120 explosions in Sweden, a 45% increase from the year before.
- The 5-Hour Workday Gets Put to the Test - October 24, 2019
- Coconut Cream Bananas and Tapioca (Chek Khtih) - October 23, 2019
- White House kicks infosec team to curb in IT office shakeup - October 23, 2019
- Tesla Delivers a Surprising Profit - October 23, 2019
- House Passes Bill Making Animal Cruelty a Federal Felony - October 23, 2019