The Chargers never put the fear of God, or of anything else, into the Patriots on Sunday. Nevertheless, the crowd at Gillette Stadium felt compelled to belt out the 80’s rock classic “Livin’ on a Prayer.”
Moreover, they were joined in singing the song by none other than the man who made it famous, Jon Bon Jovi.
During the fourth quarter of the game, with New England comfortable ahead, rock legend and noted Patriots fan Jon Bon Jovi sang “Livin on a Prayer” with the crowd at Foxborough.
LIVIN’ ON A PRAYER
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) January 13, 2019
According to Boston.com:
It’s not the first time the two-time Grammy Award nominee has stolen the spotlight in Foxborough. During the AFC Championship last season, there was another ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ singalong when the Patriots were trailing the Jacksonville Jaguars. After New England mounted a fourth-quarter comeback to advance to Super Bowl LII, coach Bill Belichick told reporters Bon Jovi had the stadium ‘rocking’ — ‘maybe a little more than [the Patriots] did.’
The Patriots had the stadium rocking plenty this time, though. Tom Brady threw for 343 yards and a touchdown. While running back Sony Michel rushed for 129 yards and three touchdowns. The Patriots will face the Chiefs in Kansas City for the AFC Championship next weekend.
Follow Dylan Gwinn on Twitter @themightygwinn
- Credit Card Debt Spikes In Hawaii As Economy Falters - June 15, 2019
- US extradition case against Assange announced in London - June 15, 2019
- Walk Away Founder Brandon Straka Sues LGBT “The Center” in Manhattan for Discrimination After Cancelling #WalkAway Gay Panel - June 15, 2019
- Hannah Rankin wins IBO super-welterweight title - June 15, 2019
- Washington State Releases Fake Ad For Mike Leach Talking Head Device - June 15, 2019