TOKYO—Investors welcomed plans for a merger to create an internet-services giant in Japan controlled by SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son, but Yahoo Japan and chat app Line face challenges combining their businesses.
A person involved in the discussions said Yahoo Japan, an internet portal affiliated with SoftBank Group Corp., and Line Corp. were likely to reach a merger deal this month. The companies confirmed merger talks and said nothing has been decided.
- Putin signs law making Russian apps mandatory on smartphones, computers - December 8, 2019
- Companies Dust Off Old Technology in Search of High-Quality Recycled Plastic - December 8, 2019
- WTH?… Joe Biden Starts Muttering Something About Stacking Spaghetti Sauce During Teamster Speech (VIDEO) - December 8, 2019
- Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X among winners of Apple Music Awards - December 8, 2019
- Creators of ‘My Favorite Murder’ Podcast Land a Deal With Scripps’s Stitcher Unit - December 8, 2019